This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) explains how EVERUS ("EVERUS" or "we") collects, processes, utilizes and discloses your Personal Data pursuant to the General Data Protection law or any other related regulation with regard to privacy law.
By providing your own and/or another individual’s Personal Data to us when visiting us at www.everus.org (the “Site”) or by interacting with us or any offline commercial transaction, you confirm that you and such other individual consent to us using, collecting and processing all the Personal Data in the manner described in this Notice. Please do not send us any Personal Data if you do not want it to be used in the manner described below.
Types of Information We Collect:
Personal Data: We collect personal information you provide to us when you create an account with us, details of any requests or transactions you make through the eService, and communications you send to us or submit to the Site ("Personal Information"). You may choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to experience all the features available on our Site and/or all the services provided by Everus. Below are the types of Personal Information that we collect:
- Personally Identifiable information, ie Name, photo, gender, date of birth, age, nationality, passport number / identification card number, passport issuing country and country of residence;
- Contact information e.g. physical mailing address, email address and phone numbers;
- Payment information e.g. credit or debit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, card issuing bank, card issuing country, card expiry date and banking account details; and
- Technical information e.g. IP address.
How We Use Personal Information and Non-Personal Data
The Personal Data collected by us may be used for the following but not limited to the following purposes: -
- Build, operate and improve our Site and the Services;
- Perform user analytics;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate with you and provide additional information that may be of interest to you such as, for example, projects that we believe may be of interest to you based on your geographic location and previous use of the Service;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages;
- Manage our everyday business needs such as Site administration, analytics, fraud prevention, or to compliance of relevant laws or policy (user verification, know-your customer policy).
- We will never sell or rent any Personal Information / Data to any other parties.
Our legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only): -
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time.
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our platform and communicate with you as necessary to provide our services to you, for security verification purposes when you contact us and for our legitimate commercial interest.
When and Why We Disclose Personal Information and Non-Personal Data
Except as provided herein, we will not display or disclose your Personal Information on the Site, or to any third parties unless it is necessary to provide the Services, when required by law, or if we have good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with current judicial proceedings, a court order or legal process served on us;
- in compliance with anti-money laundering and counter against financing of terrorism law;
- respond to your requests for customer service;
- protect the rights, property or personal safety of EVERUS, its members and the public;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or
- with your consent to share the information.
If you have created an account with EVERUS, some information about you may be publicly available, such as:
- your account name;
- any information you choose to add to your profile (such as a picture, bio, your location);
- projects you’ve backed;
- projects you’ve launched;
- any comments you’ve posted on the Site.
If you are a Backer, we will share your account name with the Project Creator and the amount of your donation and your payment information with our third-party payment processor. If you are a Project Creator, you will be asked to verify your identity before the project begins and verified name will be publicly displayed on project successfully launched.
We may share Non-Personal Data with analytics companies to learn information about how our users interact with the Site. This enables us to optimize the Services. See also “Third Party Analytics” below. However, we ensure that you will not receive unwanted communications, only information with regard to promotions, offers, products or services which are relevant to your transaction with us.
Data Transfers (for EEA visitors only): - Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in countries other than the country in which you are resident and outside of the EEA. These countries have data protection laws that may be different to the GDPR.
Specifically, the servers of our Online Services and Everus group of companies and our third-party service providers operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we will process it in other countries of the service provider.
You can opt-out of receiving our emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each of the email or by contacting us at [email protected]. Also, you can modify or delete the Personal Information you have provided to us by logging in and updating your profile.
If you are a resident/visitor of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, request portability, request restriction, request deletion or objecting the process of your personal information, you can submit your request to us at [email protected]. Please do note that we will need to retain any information that we require to fulfil our legal obligations or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- If you request access to your personal data we will confirm whether we hold your information and provide you with a copy, explaining how we process it and why, how long we store it for and your rights associated with it.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time.
The easiest way is to submit your request to us at [email protected]
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Security & Retention
We employ generally accepted industry standards to protect your personal information and we continuously strive to protect your information and privacy as much as we can. Unfortunately, no data transmission over Wi-Fi or the Internet can be 100% secured and can be intercepted. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online, however we will ensure that the security for the information that we have received is protected stringently and without compromise.
We will retain your information only for as long as needed to provide you the Services or as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Third Party Analytics
EVERUS is not directed at children under the age of 18, and does not consciously collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 18. We request that all EVERUS users be at least 18 years old (or a legal age in your jurisdiction) or have received parental consent and supervision when using the Service.
We may occasionally modify this Notice. All changes will be effective upon posting on the Site. You can determine when was this Notice last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” legend herein. You agree to be bound by any such changes if you continue to use our Services and the Site after such changes have been posted. We may change, restrict access to, suspend or discontinue the Site or the Service, or any portion thereof, at any time.
Last Updated : 4/12/2018